Monday, September 10, 2012

Silence - Day 254


One of the things I really miss in Wyoming is trees. There are a few, here and there, but certainly not as many as in Washington! There also isn't much grass, at least not the green kind! There is sagebrush, and some brown dead stuff that kind of looks more like wheat to me. It has forced me to look a little closer and see the beauty in it though. One thing I have learned to appreciate is the silence. And then the soft whisper of the breeze blowing over the grass that is here. There is a silence, when the wind is not blowing, that you can almost feel. Peaceful and quiet. "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10 


“See how nature – trees, flowers, grass – grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence…we need silence to be able to touch souls.”   Mother Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment