Monday, January 30, 2012

Friendship - Day 30


Another late day...kind of hard to get back in the groove of life it seems! So much going on! But I take a moment today to recognize the blessing of friendship. I had a friend over today with her two daughters, and also watched another friends two daughters for a little while - and as I watched so many little girls crowd on the couch together to watch a movie, their heads all pressed together as they giggled and smiled, I realized that someday they very likely will still be friends with each other, and look back on these times for the treasure that they were. And as I spent time with a friend today, and talked on the phone with several other throughout the day, I am reminded of how very richly my life has been blessed by the wonderful women I have the privilege of calling friends and sisters. Some of them I knew when we were children, and others have been more recent friendships - but they are all so special in their own unique way!


“I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.     John Burroughs



No comments:

Post a Comment