Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fresh from the Garden - Day 215


One of the things I have missed the most this summer is growing a garden. But somehow...moving doesn't exactly make growing a garden a wise idea (a little hard to pack and take with you!) So last night when we stopped by our local Farmer's Market - it was with great delight that I brought home some of my usually favorite garden vegetables - Sugar Snap Peas, and Green Beans! We so enjoyed eating them, and even though they didn't taste "quite" as good as the ones that you have grown with your own blood, sweat, and tears - they were pretty close!


“Once while St. Francis of Assisi was hoeing his garden, he was asked, “What would you do if you were suddenly to learn that you were to die at sunset today?” He replied, “I would finish hoeing my garden.’”   Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment