Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Garden - Day 228


One of the things I enjoyed the most in the summer was gardening. Granted, I have never been the best gardener - and my garden was rarely perfectly tended and week free. It often resembled a jungle of vegetables! But there is something very therapeutic about weeding on a warm and balmy evening, and nothing is better than deciding what to make by dinner by going to browse the garden and see what is ripe and ready to use. And then there was canning and freezing all the extra of the bounty that you couldn't eat! LOVED my time spent here...


“I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature’s rebirth?”   Edward Giobbi


No comments:

Post a Comment