Thursday, January 31, 2013

February 1st

Today's challenge was to find: 3 GIFTS RED - and at first I was struggling on this one. I absolutely LOVE the color red...but almost had trouble at first finding things around that were red. Once I started, it was then hard to stop! So I have a few extra today...


My red pen...it spends a lot of time in my hands every day as I correct and check the girls schoolwork. I guess it makes me think of the blessing of correction - as hard as it can be. And while this pen has the power to mark something wrong and show the correct answer - it also is what I use to put a star or encouraging word next to a job well done...


My one and only travel cup - I love it so much! It accompanies me to church nearly every Sunday, and on road trips. In our cold new Wyoming world - it is just the right size to wrap my small hands around for warmth.


I know Christmas is past, but we got these mini all natural candy canes on a recent trip to Salt Lake City. They were at Whole Foods, and an after Christmas sale - and who doesn't love candy canes any time of the year? A little sweet treat...


One of my favorite Willow Tree figurines - inspires me to always be that captivated with something small and beautiful and intricate and amazing.


Red rubber...sigh...my crafty heart gets so happy looking at this. Some of my favorite Unity stamps - even the smell is inspiring to me!


Baking powder...so important - although interestingly something that is challenging to me at this high elevation of 7,200 feet. It seems that you need different amounts - and can I just say we have had some SUPER fluffy pancakes on occasion? Still, it would be hard to do much without it...


And lastly - these red flowers have traveled through several different houses with us...they are probably so dusty that I should throw them out - but there is just something about them I love. Haven't quite figured it out - but I love them here, sitting over some of my favorite pictures ever. All perched atop our entertainment center where they have plenty of opportunity to be seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment