Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 27th

So...I obviously fell off the bandwagon last year. I just got so far behind that I couldn't make it up. I kept trying, and it was only time consuming, and not helping me notice blessings in a thankful way! I decided just today that I would try it again - but not worry if I missed a day - or try too hard to make it anything amazing and fantastic. I am doing it for me - and if it blesses someone else, then that's even better! 

I have been reading the book "One Thousand Gifts" and reading the author's blog, A Holy Experience, and she has a calendar with prompts to encourage different ways to look for God's gifts. So when I am able to, I am going to try to take pictures using those. There are 3 for each day, adding up to 1,000 in a year. I might do extra some days, or less on others - and obviously I'm starting late, but I'm not going to try to catch up. I'm going to jump in right where I am. 

So without further ado, here are the pictures for today - 3 GIFTS IN THE KITCHEN:


This is one of the first things I look at in the morning - and the last things at night. Today, I was so thankful to see our temps get all the way up to 42 degrees! We walked leisurely down the road to get the mail. With the sun peeking through the clouds, it was a warm and beautiful opportunity not to miss.


This is one of the places I spend a lot of time standing next to - where my two daughters sit for snacks, meals, and just to visit while I'm working in the kitchen. Such a wonderful place with many memories forged - and yet to come.


And this little corner - I'm especially noting here the hand beaters. They were my Grandma's - and I have so many memories of using them at her house. I think whipping cream was made with those at every holiday function at her house. It was more work than an electric mixer...but so much fun. And we now carry on the tradition here with our girls. They usually each take a turn, then either Daddy or I will finish off the job - but I think whipping cream tastes better when it is made this way. With time whipped in along with air...

No comments:

Post a Comment