Thursday, March 7, 2013

Catch up to March 7th

Well...amazing what having sick kids for a couple of weeks - then trying to play catch up from those weeks can do! Haven't been taking, editing, or posting the pictures - but have some from what has popped into my head during the time I wasn't able too! I just took one for each of the catch up days - only because I was inspired! Here goes:

February 22nd: 3 GIFTS THAT CHANGED TODAY - the girls and their temperatures change lots over those two weeks, and I was grateful they finally went and stayed down!


February 23rd: A GIFT OF TIN, GLASS, WOOD - My piano...not exactly tin, but metal - as well as wood, and used to have a mirror on it, which counts as glass! It was my Grandma's and is something I treasure and am so grateful to have brought on our move!


February 24th: 3 GIFTS BEFORE 11 AM - we have started to all try and do a better job of making our beds in the morning - partly to motivate me! This morning, the girls not only made their beds, but cleaned their room and laid out their pajamas for tonight. So sweet!


February 25th: A GIFT WORN OUT, NEW, MADE-DO - my sewing machine, that used to be my mom's. I remember her sewing so many things on it - and am so grateful to have it now. It doesn't get near as much use as it could - but when something is worn out - or new and needs a hem or something like that - this is so nice to have on hand to help those things make do!


February 26th: 3 GIFTS SEEN AS REFLECTIONS - not exactly a clear reflection, but I love watching my husband practice his bass guitar. When I sit in front of him, I am at the perfect height to see mine and the girls reflections in the front panel...


February 27th: 3 UGLY-BEAUTIFUL GIFTS - okay, this is a hard one for me! But I'm not particularly fond of pepper...and am I the only one that just thinks it looks like dirt when you put it on top of food? Nonetheless - all it takes is a little pepper sprinkled on something they don't like to (usually) help my daughters eat it without complaining. Yep...they are their Daddy's girls!


February 28th:  3 GIFTS FROM THE PAST THAT HELP YOU TRUST THE FUTURE - One of my most special treasures...my wedding ring quilt. Sewn together by my mother, with help by so  many special ladies in my life....


March 1st: 3 GIFTS AT 3 PM - okay...this picture of some of the girls all tucked in their little box just made me think of the many days snuggled up watching a movie when the girls were sick. Not fun to be sick, but those were special times nonetheless...


March 2nd: 3 GIFTS GREEN - my Cuttlebug...if you're not crafty, it is an embossing/die cut machine. It kind of makes me happy...


March 3rd: 3 GIFTS WORE - rubber gloves - and their pink! Or at least mine were...fortunately we were able to find some for Michael that are at least purple. Save the hands so much doing dishes in a dry climate!


March 4th: 3 GIFTS HARD TO GIVE THANKS FOR - Ah...the Blackberry - provided so kindly by his job. Grateful it doesn't ring or vibrate as often as it could!


March 5th: 3 GIFTS FOUND - Cute toy in the window - enjoying the sunshine! Just made me smile...


March 6th: A GIFT BENT, BROKEN, BEAUTIFUL - books...my books, Michael's books - I'm one of those people who likes to dog-ear my books. I know, I know...but then they are like old friends when you come back and read them again...


March 7th: 3 GIFTS IN THE KITCHEN (today) - and all the way to today! The kitchen is always an easy one - this is my blender. We have recently fallen in love with daily smoothies - and this is put to use nearly every day. LOVE having a spot on the counter for it - and something that can handle anything we throw in it!


My calendar - recently relocated in here. I hadn't had a good spot to put it, and was constantly getting confused on dates, appointments, and such...


And...this isn't exactly IN my kitchen - but I can peek out across the sun room and look out at this. I'm torn between being ready for spring, and hoping for a little more snow. Got a slight dusting last night, but not really enough to count. We'll see what the next couple of days brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment