Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Buds and Blossoms - Day 192


Running a little late today! Almost forgot...would think it would be a habit by now, but life still happens sometimes I guess! Anyway - I thought I would share this picture of another wildflower from Wyoming. I love the contrast between one flower that is about as wide open as it possibly, surrounded by clusters of tiny tight buds. Eventually they will have to bloom, unless they are picked or get to dry and die. Even if it seems safer, they can't stay curled up and protected forever. Kind of similar to life...even though I sometimes want to hide from it - it is impossible! Thank goodness! Life would be pretty boring if I wasn't out soaking up the sunshine (despite the risk of sunburn!)


“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”   Anais Nin


No comments:

Post a Comment