Sunday, July 15, 2012

A comfy chair - Day 197


We have two of these green chairs. We have had them for a little over nine years. I know this, because we purchased them right before our first daughter was born. I was determined to have a comfy rocking chair to use with my new baby. And boy did we ever use these!!! They have worn spots, peculiar squeaks, and are definitely well worn in. There have been many sleepless nights, sick days, and just plain rainy days with a good book spent in these chairs. I didn't realize how much I took them for granted until talking to my poor husband, who is in temporary housing right now, and took an air mattress, folding table, and an office chair. Tonight I ordered a bean bag and lamp to be delivered to him - so hopefully his next several weeks will be more comfortable than the first couple of nights!


“A house that does not have one warm, comfy chair in it is soulless.”  May Sarton


No comments:

Post a Comment