Monday, July 16, 2012

Open Windows - Day 198


The day almost slipped by me today - but as I was sitting here this evening on the computer, I glanced over next to me and thought how thankful I was for the cool, sweet, and refreshing breeze wafting over me from the open window. Which reminded me I hadn't posted my thankful moment for the day! Not that I wasn't thankful - just almost missed the opportunity to record it! Back to the window - that is truly something I love about this time of the year, leaving the windows open. I love that I can leave them open here all night long, and listen to the creek outside, the breeze in the trees, and in the morning - the birds beginning to sing. And it smells so good in my house too when the windows are open! 


“All the windows of my heart I open to the day.”   John Greenleaf Whittier


No comments:

Post a Comment