Friday, April 27, 2012

Dirty Dishes - Day 118


Doing dishes is one of those chores that I sometimes love, and sometimes hate. When it is cold outside, it is kind of nice to put your hands in the warm water, and it is one of those jobs that really doesn't take a long time to make a big difference on how your house looks. But really...it seems like you no sooner finish, when you find  you need to start over again! But when we were growing up, my mom had a little somethings she always used to say to remind us to be thankful, so whenever I am tempted to complain about having to do the dishes, I remember the poem my mom always used to quote! It is listed below the picture:


“Thank God for dirty dishes;
They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry,
We’re eating very well.
With home, health, and happiness,
I shouldn’t want to fuss;
By the stack of evidence,
God’s been very good to us.”
Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment