Sunday, April 8, 2012

The rising of the Son - Day 99


Yes, that was a deliberate typo! Happy Easter morning! What more can I say, than thank you to the Light of the world who has triumphed over death and darkness forevermore?!?!? Praise the Lord - He is risen, and He is alive!


“Christ has illuminated the world, not by what He did, but by what He was; His life is the Light of Men. We speak of a man’s life-work; the work of Jesus was His life itself...They tell us that Easter morning has revealed His glory; rather would I say that His glory has revealed the Easter morning. It is not resurrection that has made Christ; it is Christ that has made resurrection. To those who have seen His beauty, even Olivet can add no certainty; the light of immortality is as bright on His Cross as on His Crown. ‘I am the resurrection’ are His own words about Himself – not ‘I teach,’ not ‘I cause,’ not ‘I predict,’ but ‘I am.’”    George Matheson


No comments:

Post a Comment