Friday, June 22, 2012

Daddy home for breakfast - Day 174


Earlier this week, my kids were awake between 2 and 3 in the morning (and yes, I did say morning...) - when I checked on them, they said they were just using the bathroom. In the morning though, they confessed that they were planning on making coffee and oatmeal for Daddy's breakfast before he left for work. While that was an incredibly sweet thought, I had to tell them that Daddy doesn't leave for work until 5:15, so the coffee and oatmeal by then would be quite cold, and not very enjoyable. I convinced them that they should wait for a weekend so that they can do it at a more reasonable time for all of us! So, the rest of the week, they ended each day by asking if Daddy was going to be home the next day. Took me a day or two to remember why they were asking! So...this morning Daddy is home, even though he has to go to work a little later today. So we are making his favorite for breakfast - waffles!!! With strawberries and whipping cream of course! {{{YUM!}}}


 “The greatest gift I ever had, came from God, and I call him Dad!”   Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment