Friday, June 1, 2012

A date with my daughter - Day 153


Night before last, I had the privilege of going on a date with my daughter. She is growing up so fast, and so many things are changing so quickly that I wanted to take some time to treasure and celebrate it with her. She dressed up for the occasion - and even picked out clothes for me to dress up with her. Sometimes I'm tempted to be sad at how quickly she is growing up - and choose instead to be thankful for the blessing of each and every day that I am given with her - and treasure and live them to the fullest!


“I’ve found a formula for avoiding these exaggerated fears of age; you take care of every day – let the calendar take care of the years.”    Ed Wynn


1 comment:

  1. You'll never be able to have a 'do over' so you're making the best choice by treasuring these times. There are incredible blessings ahead when you get to listen to the "I remember when" stories from your girls. Those are happy times for me now. Look forward w/ anticipation.

    ReplyDelete