Sunday, May 27, 2012

Birthday cards from my kids - Day 148


Yesterday was my birthday - something that seems to happen every year whether we want it to or not! One thing that I have grown to love about my birthday, as my kids get older, is that they are more excited about it than I am! They count down the days (and remind me how old I am getting...) and can't wait to get up and wish me happy birthday. This year, they worked hard to make special cards for me, then hid them until yesterday morning so I wouldn't spot them! The morning started with my oldest daughter Katie (who is a morning person) coming downstairs singing the entire Happy Birthday song to me, and presenting me with her card. About a half hour later, my youngest daughter Amy (who is NOT a morning person) came stumbling downstairs looking rather disheveled - and cuddled up on my lap until she woke up more. Then she remembered what day it was, and ran to get her card for me to. The funny thing is? I think those cards are my most treasured birthday gift of all! 


 “Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.”    Pindar


No comments:

Post a Comment