Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Carrots - Day 38


Yesterday was such a GORGEOUS day! I think it was 60 degrees outside - which for around here in February isn't exactly normal! So, when schoolwork started to go a little long, we decided to take a break and go enjoy the sunshine. I have so many good pictures, and will probably be sharing more of them in the days to come, but one of the best parts of today was finding a hidden treasure in the garden. Yep - as we walked through the garden, I remembered that I never harvested the rest of the carrots last fall, and it seems they liked staying where they were! My youngest daughter is typically quite possessive of the carrots from the garden each year, picking them, washing them, and keeping them in the fridge to be handed out to whoever she feels especially benevolent towards at any given moment. So she was delighted at our find (and harvested several more after I was done) - then spent the evening flitting around and shoving them in our unsuspecting mouths! Mine went in a yummy stir fry for dinner - a little taste of summer on a day that felt a little like a hint of summer to come!


 “What did the carrot say to the wheat? Lettuce rest, I’m feeling beet.”   Shel Silverstein




No comments:

Post a Comment