Thursday, February 9, 2012

Water - Day 40


Wow - been doing this for 40 days already? How time flies! This little picture is of the creek that runs alongside the edge of our property. I was so excited, because thanks to my new camera, I could finally get the kind of picture of it I have always wanted to get of running water - so it kind of shows the motion! LOVE that! I love water - doesn't matter if it is a creek, lake, river - whatever - it is beautiful to me!

But I really am so grateful for this creek on the hot summer days, it is at least 10 degrees cooler down here than anywhere else - and in the winter time it can be so pretty! When it gets frosty, and lots of snow falls around it...gorgeous! I also love to listen to it - especially if it rains a lot and the run-off from the mountains across the road - lulls me to sleep on many a night.


“The finest workers in stone are not copper or steel tools, but the gentle touches of air and water working at their leisure with a liberal allowance of time.”   Henry David Thoreau




No comments:

Post a Comment