Monday, February 6, 2012

Washing Machines - Day 37


I am a huge procrastinator when it comes to laundry. I don't know why, but it is just really not my favorite job. I think it takes too long from start to finish...I mean, first you have to haul the laundry downstairs, and actually get the washing machine started. Then, you have to remember to get it in the dryer (because otherwise it starts to stink and get nasty!). Then comes the two hardest parts - folding them, and actually putting them away. And it seems that by the time you have finished all that, you have to start all over again! However, I am very grateful for my washing machine. There is a summer I remember as a child, when we were having a drought and trying to conserve water, that we used an old wringer washing to do laundry. Then, we hauled the clean rinse water to water the garden. Makes me feel really lazy when I put off just pushing a button...and please excuse the reflection on the window of the washing machine! Couldn't think of a way to get rid of that, besides cleaning the room out...hmmm...maybe today...


“I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don’t have any clean laundry, because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?”   Unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment